Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Rotini Pasta
12 small brussel sprouts, plus olive oil, salt and pepper
1/2 cup walnut halves
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 shallot, diced
1/2 cup craisins
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1/2 cup shaved asiago
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, cut brussel sprouts in half if small and in quarters if large. Toss with a little olive oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Place the brussel sprouts onto a large baking sheet and make sure not to crowd them.
Place walnuts onto another baking sheet.
3. Roast the walnuts for about 8-9 minutes. Do not leave in any longer! Make sure to be there because the walnuts go quickly from being perfectly roasted to burnt.
4. Roast the brussel sprouts for about 20 minutes. Stir the brussel sprouts at 10 minutes and then check periodically until tender, usually another 10 minutes. They should be bright green and a bit crispy.
5. While you are roasting the walnuts and brussel sprouts heat a little olive oil in a pan and sautee the shallot until glassy. Add the craisins and sautee about 2 more minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Have a wonderful weekend!!